15-Amp Tamper Resistant Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (Gfci)
The Class-A Rated 15-amp Tamper Resistant Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) duplex outlet provides protection against electrical shocks and fires caused by ground faults.
The Class-A Rated 15-amp Tamper Resistant Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) duplex outlet provides protection against electrical shocks and fires caused by ground faults. The 15-amp GFCI duplex receptacle can be easily installed in a typical wall switch box for both residential and commercial use. Tamper-Resistant GFCIs, like this one, have spring-loaded shutters that only open when a proper two or three bladed plug is inserted into the socket. They are designed to detect and prevent foreign objects (such as keys, hairpins, or nails) from entering into the electrical socket. This is especially important in locations where there are children present. GFCI also conveniently includes a built-in end-of-life warning feature which automatically alerts the user when the receptacle is no longer effective and needs to be reset or replaced. Wall plate included.
- Voltage: 125 V
- Amperage: 15-amp
- Safe: Safe-lock design assures fixed state when current is tripped
- Working Temperatures: Works reliably at temperatures from -31 F to 151 F
- Tamper-Resistant: Prevents foreign objects from entering into electrical socket
- Effective: Can sustain up to 6000 V & 10,000-amp current impulse instantaneously
- Easy Installation: Green grounding screw works as grounding connector for easy installation and recognition
- End-Of-Life Detection: When GFCI fails, red warning signal will auto-warn to remind user to reset or replace
- Strong & Durable Material: Made of high-impact resistant thermoplastic which is resistant to shock, heat, corruption and moisture
- Stay up to code! As of 2008, the National Electric Code (NEC) requires that GFCI receptacles be installed in all possible wet and damp environments, including the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, and basement. The NEC also requires that all new and renovated facilities must use tamper resistant receptacles in all construction projects.
- Codes Met: This specific GFCI exceeds UL943 and cUL943 technical requirements in the NEC.
Maximum Amperage – 15
Maximum Voltage – 125V
Tamper Resistant – Yes
Weather Resistant – No
Almond, Ivory, White